The practice page is in the process of being updated.
There is a technical problem with the F&FT results and we have notified NHS Digital to try and get update figures for this page.
The practice is now updating our Friends and Family Test (FFT) results and would like you to complete a form or complete the PPG Survey which incorprates the FFT.
The 2014-2015 results were as follows:
The FFT is a contractual requirement for health environments, which helps to gain insight into the patient experience. It is a governmental initiative which was introduced during 2014/2015. Patients are able to feedback regarding the service that they have received by answering two questions. See: Friend & Family Test.
The results are anonymous and are collated and discussed with the Patient Participation Group. This enables the PPG and the surgery to work together with patient feedback to look at ways of improving the service that is provided.
The results that were received during the month of January were discussed with the PPG at the meeting on 19th February.
The PPG proposed the following actions which were agreed with the surgery:
1. Patients need to be better informed about the FFT
2. Patients need to be better informed about the website and its functions
3. Notices should be displayed regarding both the website and the FFT.
Standby for the 2016 results!
Previous survey results:
Patient Survey Report 2013-2014 Action Plan :
44.6% of patients feel that it is 'fairly easy' to obtain an appointment.
20.4% of patients feel that it is 'not very easy' to obtain an appointment.
- In February we made significant changes to the appointment provision in response to patient feedback. We felt it appropriate to change to a triage system especially in the mornings in order to ensure that all patients are able to access a clinician 'on the day'. We will continue to monitor the use and availability of appointments and respond to trends affecting the daily demand.
26.1% of patients feel that they 'have to wait a bit too long' for their appointment.
It is recognised that keeping to appointment times is a challenge due to the unexpected nature of patients conditions and their various needs. The practice and PPG agreed that reception staff would inform patients on arrival if they are likely to wait for more than 15 minutes.
Comments: Female GP
Their are a number of comments requesting that we employ a female GP. South Ashford Medics are currently advertising/looking to recruit a female GP part time.
66.2% of patients have indicated that they would like South Ashford Medics to have a 'permanent' contract.
11.9% indicated that they would like South Ashford Medics to have a 'time-limited' contract.
21.9% did not indicate a preference.
A bid for a permanent contract (as opposed to the five year term that is currently in situ) is to be negotiated and is fully supported by the PPG.
PATIENT SURVEY ACTION PLAN 2012-2013
57% of responses stated that their reception experience was: 'Good/Excellent'
48% stated that their reception experience was: 'Poor/Fair'
12% of freetext comments felt that we needed to improve the reception experience for patients.
- as suggested by the PPG, we agreed to invest in Customer Service and Conflict Resolution training for staff. All staff have been trained in Conflict Resolution and some reception staff are currently undertaking Customer Service training by means of an NVQ.
60% of responses stated that opening times were: 'Good/Excellent'
28% stated that opening times were: 'Poor/Fair'
10% of freetext comments requested evening opening.
- we currently have one evening per week (Thursday) where we offer late appointments to 20.30. As suggested by the PPG, we agreed to explore the possibilities of extending the last GP appointments to 18.00 instead of 17.20.
19% of freetext comments wanted opening at weekends.
- this is not currently an option as GPs nationally prefer to opt out. Out of hours cover was provided by South East Health until 13th March when the 'out of hours' service for this area was transferred to NHS111.
FOR INFORMATION ON OPENING TIMES AND ACCESSING APPOINTMENTS, PLEASE GO TO RELEVANT SITE PAGE or contact South Ashford Medics on 01233 622474.