The Care Navigator Broker Service provides one-to-one meetings with older adults living in the borough of Ashford who have a problem/need and would like support to explore their options, regardless of their eligibility to KASS Services under FACS.
The Care Navigator offers 2 services:
1. Care navigation where they will arrange to meet and discuss problems/needs and investigate and provide a list of potential options to enable older adults to personally choose and implement their preferred way forward.
2. Support Planning – The CN will work to support persons by:
- Developing a support plan with the individual that reflect their needs and wants;
- Arranging a personal service to support their needs;
- Supporting allocation of direct payment budget to best suit the direct commissioning of services that fit with the individuals needs; and
- To support KASS and non-KASS clients to include self-funders and private. The tasks could include:
- Support employment of workers (personal assistants and care support staff) – This will include:
- Writing a job description;
- Writing a job advertisement;
- Setting up pay role process – invoices, tax, banking arrangements;
- Recruitment of individual to include interview support and contract;
- Support money management through budget development (short term intervention);
- Support access to training and skills;
- Support and seek appropriate advice in regards to employment legislation and insurance; and
- Facilitate expert professional financial advice, where necessary.
The Care Navigator is Gina Dorling and her contact details are as follows:
Volunteer Centre Ashford, Berwick House, 8 Elwick Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1PF