Care Navigator Service
The Care Navigator Broker Service provides one-to-one meetings with older adults living in the borough of Ashford who have a problem/need and would like support to explore their options, regardless of their eligibility to KASS Services under FACS.
The Care Navigator offers 2 services:
1. Care navigation where they will arrange to meet and discuss problems/needs and investigate and provide a list of potential options to enable older adults to personally choose and implement their preferred way forward.
2. Support Planning – The CN will work to support persons by:
- Developing a support plan with the individual that reflect their needs and wants;
- Arranging a personal service to support their needs;
- Supporting allocation of direct payment budget to best suit the direct commissioning of services that fit with the individuals needs; and
- To support KASS and non-KASS clients to include self-funders and private.
- Support employment of workers (personal assistants and care support staff) – This will include:
- Writing a job description;
- Writing a job advertisement;
- Setting up pay role process – invoices, tax, banking arrangements;
- Recruitment of individual to include interview support and contract;
- Support money management through budget development (short term intervention);
- Support access to training and skills;
- Support and seek appropriate advice in regards to employment legislation and insurance; and
- Facilitate expert professional financial advice, where necessary.
- To support KAS
- Benefit maximization – Check benefit entitlement and facilitate appropriate claims, where necessary;
Advocacy – facilitate representation of individual to support choice, access and control, where required. This can include referral to advocacy service, where appropriate.
Information, Advice and Guidance Service
We welcome referrals of older people from all backgrounds, regardless of disability, ethnic origin, gender, religious belief or sexual orientation.
We expect these values to be respected by those who use our service.We aim to make initial contact within one week of referral, however, occasionally, it may take longer when we have a waiting list. Feedback will only be provided by clients directly with referrers unless in exceptional circumstances.
The Care Navigator is Gina Dorling and her contact details are as follows:
Volunteer Centre Ashford, Berwick House, 8 Elwick Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1PF