New Patient Transport Service
A new and improved patient transport service has been launched across Kent and Medway from 1 July 2016 to raise standards with a greater emphasis on customer care and getting patients home from hospital promptly.
Hospital staff will use an online booking system whilst the public and NHS staff who do not use the online system can book via a freephone bookings line which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
From 1 July, the bookings line number will be 0800 096 0211.
The criteria for eligibility for patient transport services has not changed and are set nationally. People who may qualify for Patient Transport are those who:
1. May need qualified assistance on route.
2. Are registered with a Kent and Medway GP.
3. Are going to or from an NHS appointment (not emergency or privately-funded care) OR home from a hospital stay.
4. Are going for physically demanding treatment, such as dialysis.
5. Cannot use other forms of transport because of their medical or physical condition.
For further information about the new patient transport service in Kent and Medway please visit www.km-pts.co.uk/nhs