South Ashford Medics Online
South Ashford Medics (SAMs) is a partnership of three GPs, formed in 2011. Our aim is to provide a friendly, high quality and accessible primary care service to the population of Ashford
We are committed to significantly improving the quality and range of healthcare services provided at the practice in order to achieve this aim.
We want to know what you think about your experience here at the practice so if you have any compliments, suggestions or complaints you can leave feedback at NHS Choices on the following link:
Alternatively you can contact the Practice Manager Mark Arnold who will be happy to talk to you or email him on: email@example.com
The SAM’s 2015 CQC Inspection has identified the practice as being "GOOD".
COME ALONG TO THE SAMs OPEN MORNING ON FRIDAY 18.08.2017 BETWEEN 1100 AND 1400 HOURS
- THIS IS FOR PATIENTS AND LOCAL RESIDENTS TO ATTEND THE PRACTICE TO SPEAK WITH MEMBERS OF THE PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP (PPG) AND PRACTICE STAFF ABOUT WHAT SERVICES YOU WOULD LIKE AT THE PRACTICE.
- NURSES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO DISCUSS ANY VACCINATION, IMMUNISATION QUERIES ALONG WITH GENERAL HEALTH ADVICE.
- THERE WILL ALSO BE OTHER LOCAL AGENCIES e.g. CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU, KENT HEALTH WATCH AND OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS e.g. KENT POLICE, KENT FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE, HEARBASE AVAILABLE TO DISCUSS AND SIGNPOST FOR OTHER ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE.
- THERE WILL BE FREE LIGHT REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE.
- THE PPG IS ARRANGING FOR A FACE PAINTER TO BE AVAILABLE FOR THOSE CHILDREN WHO COME ALONG.
THE PPG AND THE PRACTICE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU SO PLEASE COME ALONG AND HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE PRACTICE.
The new patient self checking in screen is now operational. This is a quick and straightforward way to check yourself in for your appointment to avoid waiting in a queue. Once completed, please take a seat and wait to be called.
You may also be asked to complete a very quick patient specific questionnaire on the screen to help us keep your records 100% up-to-date.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST
Please take the opportunity to let us know what you think about our Surgery and take this test which can be found in the 'Have Your Say' section. Alternatively, forms are in the Surgery or, if we have an email address for you, we can send you the form electronically.
Parkinson’s UK Local Adviser
If you are affected with Parkinson’s, caring for someone with Parkinson’s or a friend family member of someone affected with Parkinson’s you can have access to:
· Up to date information on Parkinson’s
· Emotional support for you and your family
· Information about benefits and practical help
· Information and links to local services
Local Contact: Clare 0344 225 3735
National Helpline: 0808 800 0303
Health Help Now is a free website or mobile app that you can use to find the most appropriate local health service for common symptoms and advice for people of all ages. Visit www.healthhelpnow-nhs.net or search "Health Help Now" in your app store.
The WaitLess app combines current waiting times at all urgent care centres – drawn from the official NHS system – with up-to-the-minute travel information, to help people decide which urgent care centre to head to for faster treatment for minor injuries. The WaitLess app is free to download from iTunes and Google Play.
You can help the practice and the NHS by how you manage your prescriptions
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed. Find out more
Do you need to re-order your medication? Visit our prescriptions page and complete the online form. Find out more
Like To Register?
New to the area and would like to join our practice? We would be happy to help you. Fill in our registration forms and come see us. Find out more
(Site updated 16/08/2017)