UPDATE FOR ALL PATIENTS:
We wish to advise all patients that South Ashford Medics is no longer a partnership due to several changes within the practice team.
The team at the Practice will now be led by Dr Borhan as a Sole Provider with Dr Hakim Adetunji, Dr Kele Wogu and Dr Banin Ahmed working as salaried GP/long term locums. For full team details, please check the Practice Staff page.
With regard to CQC, we are no longer a partnership and therefore our recent inspection outcome of 'INADEQUATE' is no longer applicable.
We are in the process of registering with CQC as a Sole Provider which should be completed by November. The CQC have advised that as a 'new entity' we can expect a CQC inspection within the first year. We will keep you posted regarding the date as information becomes available to us.
Please be assured that staff are committed to improving the service that was previously deemed inadequate, and will be happy to address any issues you may have or direct you to the most appropriate member of staff to discuss these with you.
The Practice would like to formally welcome the New Team and assure you of our best attention to your healthcare experience with us.
SOUTH ASHFORD MEDICS
South Ashford Medics is Sole Provider practice which is managed by a Practice Team formed in 2018.
Our aim is to provide a friendly, high quality and accessible primary care service to our patients that meets their needs and improves their health and well-being.
We will achieve this by:
- Ensuring that our patients are respected as individuals and their care plan is planned with them in a holistic way to maximise their health outcomes and wellbeing.
- Creating a welcoming and caring environment which is evident and experienced by our patients whenever they are in contact with the practice.
- Ensuring our services are safe and that they are provided in a suitable environment with up to date equipment.
- Maintaining a team of appropriately trained and skilled staff able to continuously deliver services to a high standard.
- Providing sufficient capacity to meet the needs of our practice population in a timely and responsive manner which is sensitive to our different patient groups.
- Embedding a culture of continuous learning and professional development in our organisation and supporting our team to attend regular training.
- Making sure our practice is well led by appropriately skilled managers and clinical staff to ensure our staff feel valued and they understand their roles in delivering our services.
Contact the practice if you are due or have been contacted about having your test done.
We want to know what you think about your experience here at the practice so if you have any compliments, suggestions or complaints you can leave feedback at NHS Choices on the following link:
Health Help Now is a free website or mobile app that you can use to find the most appropriate local health service for common symptoms and advice for people of all ages. Visit www.healthhelpnow-nhs.net or search "Health Help Now" in your app store.
The WaitLess app combines current waiting times at all urgent care centres – drawn from the official NHS system – with up-to-the-minute travel information, to help people decide which urgent care centre to head to for faster treatment for minor injuries. The WaitLess app is free to download from iTunes and Google Play.
You can help the practice and the NHS by how you manage your prescriptions
(Site updated 01/10/2018)