South Ashford Medics Online
South Ashford Medics (SAMs) is a partnership of three GPs, formed in 2011. Our aim is to provide a friendly, high quality and accessible primary care service to the population of Ashford
We are committed to significantly improving the quality and range of healthcare services provided at the practice in order to achieve this aim.
We want to know what you think about your experience here at the practice so if you have any compliments, suggestions or complaints you can leave feedback at NHS Choices on the following link:
Alternatively you can contact the Practice Manager Mark Arnold who will be happy to talk to you or email him on: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SAM’s 2015 CQC Inspection has identified the practice as being "GOOD".
Flu vaccine for adults.
You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
- Are 65 years of age or over on 31.03.2018.
- Are pregnant.
- Have a serious long-term health or chronic condition including asthma, COPD, heart failure, diabetes, kidney disease if in doubt please ask.
- Have a BMI of 40 or above.
- Are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility.
- Receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill.
Flu vaccine for children.
The flu vaccine is free on the NHS for:
- children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition.
- children aged two and three on 31 August 2017 – that is, born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2015.
- children in reception class and school years one, two, three and four.
- Children aged between six months and two years of age who are eligible for the flu vaccine should have the flu jab.
- Children eligible for the flu vaccine aged between two and 17 will usually have the flu vaccine nasal spray.
DO NOT DELAY - BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY TEST
Please take the opportunity to let us know what you think about our Surgery and take this test which can be found in the 'Have Your Say' section. Alternatively, forms are in the Surgery or, if we have an email address for you, we can send you the form electronically.
Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG) in Kent and Medway are undertaking a project to increase the uptake of diabetes structured education so that everyone has the knowledge to manage their own diabetes.
Diabetes UK along with Ashford CCG and Canterbury and Coastal CCG want to know more about your experiences of local diabetes care and education. This information will help shape the care and education you receive in the future. We would like to hear your views on what is working well, and what you would like to see improved.
If you would like to share your views, please book onto one of the following events:
- Thursday 19th October 6-8pm at Seasalter Christian Centre Seasalter Christian Centre, Faversham Road, Whitstable, CT5 4AX
- Tuesday 24th October, 6-8pm at St Mary’s Church Hall, Church Road, Kennington, Ashford, TN24 9DQ
Light refreshments will be provided so please inform us when booking if you have any special dietary requirements.
You can book onto the events by emailing email@example.com or by calling 03000 424348.
Health Help Now is a free website or mobile app that you can use to find the most appropriate local health service for common symptoms and advice for people of all ages. Visit www.healthhelpnow-nhs.net or search "Health Help Now" in your app store.
The WaitLess app combines current waiting times at all urgent care centres – drawn from the official NHS system – with up-to-the-minute travel information, to help people decide which urgent care centre to head to for faster treatment for minor injuries. The WaitLess app is free to download from iTunes and Google Play.
You can help the practice and the NHS by how you manage your prescriptions
Find out when our practice is open, what the GP consulting times are and what to do if you need help when the practice is closed. Find out more
Do you need to re-order your medication? Visit our prescriptions page and complete the online form. Find out more
Like To Register?
New to the area and would like to join our practice? We would be happy to help you. Fill in our registration forms and come see us. Find out more
(Site updated 05/10/2017)